Reheating earlier cooked foods and cooking a different variety of foods are some of the uses of Microwave Oven.
But, What is Microwave Oven?
A microwave oven is a very popular kitchen device that heats and cooks food by the use of microwave radiation in a very quick time and maintains the nutrients in food.
Coming back to the topic,
There are some uses of the microwave oven which is discussed below,
Reheating: The process of Reheating is not done on a stove. When you put any dish in the microwave for re-heat, it gets warm in seconds carefully.
Defrosting: Microwave ovens are used in defrosting the frozen vegetables or meat quickly without excessive washing and wasting the water.
Baking: Microwaves oven is also used in baking cakes and bread and it is easy and quick for making delicious different varieties of cakes.
Retain nutrients: Nutrients are very important in cooking food for a healthy body.
Boiling and steaming: Boiling is one of the most important methods for cooking any food. A microwave boils things evenly a microwave boils material in a few minutes.
Some Small Uses Of Microwave Oven that will Surprise You,
Soaking the Beans
Do you often forget to soak lentils and beans overnight? Microwave Oven comes to the rescue in these situations.
- Soak the beans or lentils into a bowl full of water
- Add a pinch of bicarbonate soda to it
- After ensuring that the beans are fully covered in water, Place the bowl in the microwave oven at full power for 10 minutes
- Then leave them inside for another 40 minutes at low power.
Make the Perfect Poached Egg
To make eggs perfectly poached with the help of the Microwave Oven, follow these steps,
- Pour boiling water into a microwave-safe bowl
- Add a pinch of white vinegar to it
- Crack the egg into a bowl and lightly pierce the yolk with a toothpick
- Cover the bowl with cling film and microwave it on full power for 30 seconds
- Now, remove the bowl, turn the egg gently, and place again in the Oven for another 20 seconds.
Re-hydrating Stale Bread
With the help of the Microwave oven, you re-hydrate the stale bread by following these steps,
- Cover the loaf or slice of bread in a water-soaked kitchen towel
- Place it in the microwave oven for 10 seconds
- Repeat the procedure as necessary until you find the bread properly hydrated
Inducing Crunch in Potato Chips
For the potato chips that have lost their crunch, placing it in the microwave oven can restore the crunch.
- place them in the microwave on a kitchen towel for 30 seconds
- Repeat the procedure as necessary until the towel absorbs the moisture from the wafers and the crunchiness of the chips is restored
Fish can be cooked quite perfectly in the microwave oven. But, make sure to watch the fish closely, to prevent it from getting overcooked.
- Wrap the fish in a microwaveable plastic and add some seasoning – salt, pepper, and lime.
- Microwave the wrapped fish for around 2 minutes.
- The cooking time depends on the strength of the microwave and the thickness of the fillet.
You can even steam the Vegetables in the microwave oven.
- Prick them with forks and cook them in the microwave for 3-4 minutes as required.
- Steaming vegetables in the microwave oven, minimize nutrient losses and it is faster than steaming the vegetables inside a cooker.
Like cooking fish, vegetables in the microwave oven. Similarly, Potatoes can be cooked in a microwave rather quickly.
- Firstly, prick the potatoes on all sides using a fork.
- Put those potatoes in the bowl and place it in the microwave oven
- Cook them at high voltage for 2 minutes
- Take the bowl out and turn the potatoes over, Cook them again for a further 2 minutes.
Your potatoes should be cooked and ready.
Are you in the habit of squeezing every little drop of juice from a lemon before throwing it away?
- Just Put the lemon in a microwave oven for 1 minute and helps to make it very juicy.
- This allows you to squeeze the lemon easily until you reach the last drop.
Do you get teary-eyed, every time you chop an onion?
- Place the onion in the microwave oven.
- Place the onion in the microwave for 30 seconds
- Now, take the onion and before you start chopping it. takes the sting out of the onion juice.
Hence you will not get teary-eyed, even if onion juice enters your eyes.
Heating Medical Aids
In order to effectively get a hot water compress, do you use hot running water?
- Soak the hand towel in water and then microwave it for 1 minute.
- In no time, will you have a soothing hot compress?
Similarly, if you use heated gel packs to alleviate headaches. Then again you can heat and reheat the gel packs inside the microwave.