The recipe for Veg Lebanese Mihshi Malfuf involves rolling cabbage leaves with a stuffing of rice, spices and then stacking them in a cooking pot in layers with garlic in between.
- To start making the Veg Lebanese Mihshi Malfuf recipe, clear cabbage and parboil head in a big kettle of water simply lengthy sufficient to melt and separate leaves. Place the cabbage leaves in a colander as you peel them.
- Pit out the big stem from the underside of the cabbage. It will assist the leaves to roll simply. Combine all of the elements talked about below stuffing in a bowl .
- Lay every cabbage leaf individually on a slicing board, minimize out the stem if it is too thick. Unfold 1 to 2 desk spoons of rice stuffing alongside the sting of the leaf, then roll it slowly and tightly over the stuffing all the best way
- Line up the stuffed rolls fastidiously in a large/deep cooking pot one by the opposite in a compact method
- Place garlic flakes in between. Pour tomato puree and water over the cabbage rolls. Add salt, pepper powder and oil. The sauce ought to cowl the rolls and if not, add extra water till it does.
- Rigorously shake/tilt the cooking pot sideways a couple of occasions to make sure the sauce seeps by in every single place
- Place a heavy plate contained in the pot, on prime of the rolls, cowl the pot, and activate the range on excessive warmth for about 5-10 minutes until they boil and later simmer and cook dinner for 40 minutes.